Wednesday, March 16, 2011

New Link: SeaWitch.Org

 I have added a new link to the links section of my blog, SeaWitch.Org. This is a great website for Pagans, Witches, Druids, etc. drawn to a heavily water-based path, such as myself. It provides spells and correspondences which make use of various water-related materials, such as seashells, seaweed, rainwater, snow, and spells or rituals best performed at the beach or near some body of water. It's given me ideas for some crafts I want to take on once I have more free time, such as making a set of seashell runes (I already have plenty of seashells, and have a paint pen - I just need the time to actually do it). If anyone wants to experiment, or finds themselves drawn to the sea, then I recommend this small but informative resource.

2 comments:

JeniMac said...

What about water people that are not drawn to the sea? I consider myself a water person but I'm drawn to creeks, rivers, waterfalls, and rain. Do you think it depends on where you grew up?

Chadly said...

Well, the website itself is indeed geared more towards sea-going people, but a water-based path is very adaptable to what you have around you - just like any aspect of witchcraft or druidry. For example, if you're more drawn to creeks, rivers, waterfalls, and rain, you could use river rocks instead of seashells; rainwater is thought to be quite strong in nature-based spiritualities; I still have a piece of driftwood(willow, I believe) that I found in the creek behind the apartment I used to live in when I lived in Chicago.

Personally, I do think it is at least partially due to where you grew up. I grew up near the mountains, so rivers, creeks, etc. are powerful to me as well. However, we used to take many beach vacations when I was a kid, so I think that contributed to my love of the beach.